[TenTec] early morning questions

Dale L Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 10:04:49 -0600

> To follow up on my previous email to you Clark, I did some critical
> listening and I think it is hard to beat the Heil Pro headset.
> Fidelity is
> almost on par with top shelf Sennheisers, long-term comfort level is
> excellent, and the HC5 cartridge does a good job.  Well worth the
> money and
> Bob Heil will get right on the phone with you to answer questions a la
> Ten-Tec.

As I commented on in a previous note, I use stereo headphones with little
problem.

However... I would love to have a pair of headphone that are audio-lly
optimized for copying CW.  That is, have the roll off below and above what
may be an optimum CW range, say, 300Hz-1000Hz or something like that.  It
can be done with filters (I used to use SuperSCAF--which was it says it is:
Super), but can it be done physically in the headphone?  Our telephones are
optimized for 300-3000Hz.  Maybe our headphones can be similarly optimized.

Besides, high fidelity and SSB are somewhat opposites, aren't they?  I mean,
SSB is ratty audio to begin with.  No amount of hi-fi headphone quality will
improve it.  CW is CW.

73,
dale, kg5u