[Fwd: Re: [TenTec] early morning questions]

Bob & Linda McGraw K4TAX RMcGraw@InfoAve.Net
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 13:31:40 -0800

Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 13:26:55 -0800
From: "Bob & Linda McGraw (K4TAX)" <RMcGraw@infoave.net>
To: George W5YR <w5yr@att.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] early morning questions

I think George is correct.  My experience, professionally, says that
audio transducers which have very restricted response typically generate
a level of un-needed or un-desired distortion.

As to the Tentec Omni VI+, the LP filter at 600, 800 or 1000 Hz does the
bandpass limiting quite well.

As to "The headphones do not and cannot  introduce anything since they
are a passive device."  Absolutely correct.  I think the HF noise is
mostly distortion products generated in the transducers.

73
Bob K4TAX