[TenTec] Jupiter display backlight

Carter Grabarczyk k8vt@ameritech.net
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 07:40:59 -0500

Steve,
Hopefully this will be construed as a constructive comment....

With the Delta II, what you are really asking Ten Tec to do is have a
crystal ball. TT did not make the panel, they got it from a vendor. TT
can just go by the MTBF (mean time between failures) that the vendor
provides (assuming the vendor has a crystal ball too). Then you are
asking TT to guarantee that the vendor won't go out of business or stop
manufacturing that particular item (apparently what happened with the
Corsair issue). This seems a bit much to ask of TT (and as generally
good of a company as TT is, it seems a little harsh to hold them
responsible for a vendor going out of business or no longer making a
particular item).

That you are "...wanting to KNOW and to have ironclad assurance" is nice
to have, but unfortunately the real world tends not to work that way.

73/Carter/K8VT

P.S. Just as an exercise, see how many parts Yaecomwood carries for
10-15 year old radios (compared to TT). I think you will be surprised.