[TenTec] Places to stay near sevierville

Carl Hyde cshyde@yahoo.com
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 10:08:51 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to others on the reflector we got rooms at the
Ski View motor lodge where a lot of other Hams are
staying. 65 a night. The motel is owned by Hams. Go
figure! 856-436-4768. Very nice people.

--- "Paul R. Valko" <prvalko@oakland.edu> wrote:

> I think the guys at Ten*Tec would have a better
> idea, but in my
> experience, the tri-city are of Sevierville, Pigeon
> Forge, and Gattlinburg
> have dozens and dozens of all types of loging.  It
> is a H-U-G-E tourist
> attraction.  With DollyWood and the Smoky Mountain
> National Park.
>
> My intention is to pick up one of the "Discount
> Traveler Guides" at the
> first Tennesee rest stop and find a cheap place to
> stay.  Last spring, we
> stayed in a $100/night suite for $39.  That's
> typical.  I think there
> should be little trouble finding a place in thre
> $50-$70 range.  But
> perhaps there is some other big event that
> weekend... even so, it can not
> compare with the amount of people that visit in the
> summer - I would
> think.
>
> 73! =paul= W8KC
> Collector of Ten*Tecs and other fine plastics.
>   Visit the Virtual Ten*Tec Museum at:
>   <http://www.acs.oakland.edu/~prvalko>
>

> --
> FAQ on WWW:
> http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/tentec
> Administrative requests:
> tentec-REQUEST@contesting.com
> Problems:
> owner-tentec@contesting.com

=====
Carl HYDE
W2CSH
Remember, the opposite of PROGRESS is CONGRESS