[TenTec] Thanks from Ten-Tec

Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales sales@tentec.com
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 10:36:38 -0400

I wanted to send off a general message to the reflector and say "thanks"
on behalf of all of us at Ten-Tec for making this past weekend a terrific
event.  We had far more people than we ever expected were going to
show up to see our equipment and the factory and to tailgate and
talk up ham radio this past weekend.  We will DEFINITELY be
doing this again next fall.

Notes on the show:

We estimate the attendance on Saturday at approximately 1,000.
Looking through the door prize entry box turned up slips filled out
by hams from 19 different states.  A count of cars in the parking lot
across the street went to 500 cars before we stopped counting, and
this doesn't include the 100 or so that were parked in the tailgating
area behind the building.  We counted 70 tailgaters at 8 AM, one
hour before the beginning of the hamfest and they were still rolling in
at that hour.  More than 500 people signed up to tour the factory,
though the number was certainly higher than that as several of us who
gave tours to groups of 25 commented that the total was more like
50 or 60 at a time for a few of the early ones.

A number of you commented on the horrible traffic in the area
over the weekend and asked about planning the hamfest for a
non-holiday weekend for next year.  The traffic, actually, was
just the normal Sevierville tourist traffic jam that runs from April
through December.  The car count from I-40 through Sevierville
this year is expected to reach 9,000,000 - and that's not even
a record!

The winner of the grand door prize (a Scout transceiver) was
Ervena Gillespie, N4PFZ, of Burnsville, NC.

Thanks again - see you next year.

Scott Robbins, W4PA
Stan Brock, WDØBGS
and all of the rest of us at Ten-Tec

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
  Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (865) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
  Repair (865) 428-0364 8-4.  Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
  Fax (865) 428-4483 24 hrs.  Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>

  --->--->---> Please note: E-mail <sales@tentec.com> for sales
  and general product info only.  We presently do not offer
  repair, parts, or kit building tech support by electronic mail,
  please telephone (865) 428-0364 or (865) 453-7172.

  Ten-Tec manufactures amateur radio equipment, military and com-
  mercial use HF radio equipment, custom aluminum and steel
  enclosures and has an on-premises, fully equipped tool and die
  facility supplying metal and plastic injection mold industries.
  Potential tool and die, custom enclosure or communications
  electronics customer?  Contact us with your needs.