[TenTec] Ten Tec - YES Gatlinburg - NEVER again

Stuart Satrun kw8k@yahoo.com
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 07:54:29 -0700 (PDT)

I stayed at the Ski View also...found no problems at
all..had a great time and would go back...the room was
spotless and the owners were very nice..but then I
would mention the traffic...that was pretty bad. See
you all there next year.
73
stu kw8k

--- Phil Cuellar <pcuellar@bright.net> wrote:

> In all fairness, I feel I need to respond to this...
> I WAS informed about the 48 hour rule when I made
> reservations at the Ski
> View. I found the room was not fancy, but clean...no
> threadbare linens, no
> dirty linens, etc. I did not need to adjust the
> heater, as the room stayed
> comfortable, so I didn't play with it. The TV worked
> and had cable. All the
> lights worked. There were chairs on the balcony to
> sit in and talk, and
> enjoy the view. (It was warm enough to sit outside
> Friday, but not
> Saturday.) As to the rooms not being handicapped
> friendly, I can not
> comment, as there may be things that I ignore that a
> handicapped person
> would find impossible. The restaurants are not in
> walking distance, but one
> could walk across the street to the trolley stop and
> catch a ride downtown
> (5 minute ride) for 25 cents, where restaurants
> range from McDonalds to the
> Hard Rock Cafe.
> My biggest complaint about the Ski View was that the
> water temperature in
> the shower was hard to regulate, but I have found
> this to be true in many
> places that I have stayed.
> I admit the place is not the Waldorf, but it is FAR
> from the worst
> experience I ever had while traveling. If you didn't
> like it, there are lots
> of other places to stay in the area...some better,
> some worse.
>
> 73 de KI8JQ - Phil

=====
stu satrun kw8k