[TenTec] FS Corsair II

George, W5YR w5yr@att.net
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 23:29:29 -0500

Most radios arguably have one additional stage of "conversion" that the
specs and ads *usually* omit - unless the ad writer is seeking to state
something that while true is usually not presented as a spec or a
defining characteristic.

That is the final conversion to baseband audio. A radio with two
distinct IF frequencies would have two LO injection frequencies *plus* a
final injection at the last IF frequency to get down to baseband audio.
A total of three "conversions."

I have no comment on the legitimacy of such marketing and advertising,
but technically a doube-IF radio does in fact employ three frequency
conversions. Thus is can technically be called a "triple-conversion
radio."

72/73, George   W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas      NETXQRP 6
Fairview, TX   30 mi NE Dallas in Collin county	     QRP-L 1373
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 55th year and it just keeps getting better!
Icom IC-756 PRO #02121 (9/00) Kachina #91900556 (12/99) IC-765 (6/90)