[TenTec] Antenna Matching Weirdness

Dan tacquire@earthlink.net
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 19:20:28 -0700

I read a long time ago that the length of the coax to say,, a mobile antenna
that is physically grounded to the car has no affect on the resonance and that
the fact that so many thought it did was due to some associated "CB" rumor, that
stated you had to trim your coax instead of your antenna to get resonance.  The
only exception to the length of the coax having any effect rule that I have
found is with magnet mounts.  I assume because there is no real groundplane
exept the coax braid itself.  I have had many wierd antenna mishaps occur so
don't feel alone!  Oh and you know you have problems when your voice peaks make
all the lights on your rigs get brighter!  Happened to me and confused the hell
out of me until someone told me about stray rf!!!

Dan