[TenTec] Suggestion

Mark Erbaugh mark@microenh.com
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 09:38:35 -0400

I've been enjoying my new RX-320. The other night, I hooked up the line out
to the line in on my computer soundcard and started copying PSK31 with
DigiPan.  However, I noticed images of strong signals multiples of 120 Hz
away from the original.  I also noticed lines every 120 Hz on the display.
I've always associated that pattern of lines with a ground loop, so I
installed a 1:1 isolation transformer in the line between the radio and the
computer. That cleared up the lines as well as the spurious images.  Perhaps
TT should look into supplying a cable that includes the isolation
transformer. Alternatively, they could include a transformer inside the
RX-320.

73,
Mark, N8ME