[TenTec] Fence Charger Pulses

Dan tacquire@earthlink.net
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 17:37:18 -0800

Ok folks I need ideas. We have a fence charger.  It's a device that is
connected to wire that goes around livestock pens etc on our property.
It runs about 20kv I think and clicks on and off to shock animals that
think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.  Thing is it
causes an annoying CLICK ...... CLICK  ......  CLICK in my receivers.
Noiseblankers in the receiver get rid of it however my main concern is
through experimentation I have determined that it is wreaking havoc on
my internet connection.  I did some crude field strength tests with a
digital receiver and determined it radiates well throughout the entire
wire not just the charger box itself.  The box itself has a large
porcelain output terminal and then another larger terminal on the
underside that is hooked to a heavy ground cable.  I am wondering if by
putting a 100mmf vacuum cap across the output to ground that I might
bypass the rf to ground.  Or perhaps even better if I make capacitive
input choke and put a high value choke in series with the fence after
the cap.

Any ideas? :))))

Thanks
Dan