[TenTec] RX320 - thanks to all who answered...

Bill_Ames@hyperion.com Bill_Ames@hyperion.com
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 12:33:42 -0500

Got it yesterday and connected it up early this AM. Only had about an hour
to play with it, between 4 and 5 AM EST here in Connecticut. Had it
connected to my full wave horizontal 80 mt loop. It is very impressive and
seems to have excellent reception. I can see where it opens up the
opportunities for serious programmers to have a lot of fun. Homebrewing
without having to touch a drill or screwdriver!

I will be experimenting with the TT interface and making a list of features
I would like to add or change. Then I guess I will check out the other
software available for it. Once that is done then, based on just what I
would like to do with it I may consider writing something myself. If anyone
has a list of all the parameters which can be programattically (sic) set I
would be interested in seeing it.

Since I make my living testing software I think I will be a very critical
consumer of anything I design.  :-)  I will contact those who responded
directly once I get some ideas to discuss.

Bill Ames
KB1LG

home e-mail for anyone interested is minkymomo@erols.com