[TenTec] Pegasus & Digital Modes

David McClafferty at060@chebucto.ns.ca
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 12:46:01 -0300 (ADT)

The Pegasus does a great job with digital modes. It could be even better
if the DSP chip could be programmed to demodulate directly to text or
video for SSTV. I have thought about doing this but don't have the tools
or capability. It would have no great advantage for text modes like PSK-31
were we already get perfect copy, but for SSTV it offers digital video
with no distortion even with multi-generation copies. Just thought I would
throw this idea out there in case there is someone with the capbility of
re-programming the DSP chip. Just think, no sound card needed.

Dave, VE1ADH