[TenTec] Intermittent Pout, Corsair II

Jim Reid kh7m@hsa-kauai.net
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 11:17:18 -1000

> > > He suggested I "bop" the top of the Corsair;  did,
> > > immediately the power popped up to 92 watts,  and
> > > the collector current jumped back up to 15 amps!
> >
> > Ah so, the time tested method of troubleshooting and repairing.
>
> The next step has GOT to include duct tape .....

Have just completed the look over/push the connectors,  jiggle
boards process.  Thought for sure I had found the culprit:
a very loose push on connector in the final amp "compartment"
right under the inner section cover.  There was a "loose" push
on,  which moved quite a bit more "on" to the mating "socket"
pins when I pushed on it.  This one even had a red wire!
Was sure that was feeding directly in to the final output
devices.  So buttoned all back up and fired up the rig.

18 watts out,  bop the top of the unit,  and back comes the
"full" power out!?

Oh well,  if it will work this way,  will use the Corsair this
way,  hi.  Not worth another $100 for a round trip air
fare to TT service for now.  Maybe it will get a lot worse,
and be easier to find,  either by me or them  later.

73,  Jim,  KH7M