[TenTec] Omni 6+ phones jack

Al Williams alwilliams@olywa.net
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 13:08:46 -0700

The only reference to the "phones" front panel jack that I have been able to
find in the TenTec Omni VI Plus Model 564 operators manual is on page 6-1.
This page is Trouble
Shooting Procedures and for "receiver dead" lists "check headphone and
EXTERNAL SPKR jack. (3-6.01).  That paragraph (3-6.01) is for the rear panel
external speaker jack and contains no information on the front panel
"PHONES" jack.

I will readily admit that I may have missed something in the pages of
schematics.  If anyone can direct me to some additional information I will
appreciate it.

I have reviewed thousands and thousands of schematics in my 40yrs work
experience as an electronic technician and engineer as well as my 60 yrs as
a ham.  Ten Tec's method of showing interconnects between boards and other
components has me pretty well baffled.
While TenTec equipment and service may be exceptional, in my opinion, those
who heap superlatives on the TenTec manual have never been exposed to a
really good manual and/or have a too low standard.

By-the-way, is the model 563 an Omni6+?

k7puc