[TenTec] my omni 6+ problem - need ur advice

David Drew ddrew@pacifier.com
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:59:53 -0700

Bob,

   I had a similar problem with my OMNI VI plus and traced the problem to a
bad, intermittent, coax run. I replaced several of my coaxs until I could
determine which one was causing the problem.  After identifying and
replacing the troubled piece, I do not have the problem any more.

   It was just as you described, the signal would drop out/off/down and
then after sending a dit/dot the signal would recover.  Additionally, my
SWR would change at the same time so I figured it must have been some part
of the antenna system.

  There is a relay in the OMNI plus, it part of the transmit section. You
might want to trace that down in the skematic.

vy 73,

Dave W7DPW

.