[TenTec] Omni V Problem

Mark Erbaugh mark@microenh.com
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 08:35:41 -0400

Yesterday may have been the first time I put on headphones while using my
relatively new to me Omni V. I  am hearing loud pops in the headphones while
transmitting. I had the monitor pot set to minimum, although I also noticed
the pops when trying to listen to my TX audio.  I am using PTT mode as
opposed to VOX. The pops don't seem to be related to pushing or releasing
PTT. They sometimes occured with voice peaks, but not always. I specifically
asked people at the other end, and they said they did not hear the pops in
my transmitted audio.

I listened through the headphones for a long time without transmitting and
never heard the pops during receive.

I am using a Heil Goldline mic and had the gain adjusted to where the ALC
LED lit only rarely on voice peaks. The speech processor was off.

Any ideas?

73,
Mark, N8ME