[TenTec] Erratic readout - Trition IV digital

dslosty dslosty@pipeline.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:57:54 -0700

Just bought a Triton IV digital (model 544) at a local hamfest.
The rig had a couple of minor problems - now fixed and it's working
F.B. except that the frequency display jumps around while transmitting.
This happens even while using a dummy load. However, when the RF drive
is turned all the way down, the display is stable. Either some RF is
getting
thru to the display circuitry via an internal path or perhaps some
voltage
is dropping while the transmitter is fully loaded. It's only a minor
annoyance but I'd like to solve it.

Has anyone run into this?

BTW, I'll probably sell this rig. I bought it for the challenge of
getting
it working. If anyone is interested please email.

73,
Doug/WA1TUT