[TenTec] CORSAIRS I AND II

Lee Grimes grix@teleport.com
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 15:36:36 -0700

Hi All...in recent weeks I've been lucky enuf to have in my posession a
couple Corsair xcvrs.  Sat them side by side for comparisons.  Found I like
the Corsair 1 over the Corsair II.  Pretty subjective, but I thot that the
model 1 had a bit quieter receiver.  And the noise blanker handled the
nearby electric fences very well.  The model II's blanker will handle more
different kinds of noises including ignition type noises better, but my
particular problem is the fences and the I simply does better.  With the
blanker full on, no fences and no splatter or distortion from nearby strong
signals.  I like the appearance of the model I better also.  The II has the
wonderful bandpass filter to go with the passband tuning, but the I has a
full load of filters installed.  And it is no small thing that I also have
the matching VFO for the Corsair I.  That all being the case, I will need to
unload the "loser":

For Sale:  Corsair II, looks like new.  No extra filters.  Was at Ten Tec
for PTO rebuild and go-thru in '98...have papers to show.  Everything works
as it should.  $600 plus shipping.

961 power supply.  Just as nice.  $140 plus shipping.

Buy the Corsair and 961 together and I ship.

Also have a 960 power supply.  Looks just like the 961 and is just as nice.
$125 plus shipping.

I have a digicam and can send pics if you are serious and need a peek.
grix@teleport.com   73, Lee K7INU