[TenTec] Pegasus - CW

wa9tgt wa9tgt@email.msn.com
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 07:33:38 -0500

Last summer I had an opportunity to play with a Pegasus at the Ten Tec
factory.  Nice rig, and very interesting! I was wondering if any changes
have been made in the Pegasus since last summer. I noticed that while tuning
around in the cw mode, appx 2.4 Khz b/w  I could hear a cw signal on either
side of zero beat with about the same signal strength.  If I recall this
disappeared when I finally reduced the filtering down to the 400-500 Htz
bandwidth region.  Is the Jupiter this way?  Why would it be designed this
way?  If this is the case one would have to be very careful to make sure you
tuned in the cw station you wanted to work on the correct side of zero beat.
Did I possibly have something set improperly? Is the Jupiter the same way?

Don Garrett / WA9TGT