[TenTec] new Ten Tec ( fill in the blank)

bill ny9h@home.com
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:22:45 -0500

regarding an earlier critique of the new jupiter.... the comment was made
that 1100 isn't a cheap radio.  Neither is the 2500$ for an omni 6, yet
birdies seem to always be on 10 meters where i am listening. Yeah , I know
it has birdies,  ...guess what  I can't hear them on my Icom 756, 751a,
71a,elecraft k2 !! ( or my argo 515; 509)
   I really don't care if they are there, if they never get into my way,
they are not there.
Remember ,,,perception IS reality.  I love my TT; and I hope that
someday  some  more American manufacturers take the view  of many of the
Japanese Manufacturers... best said by a factory I used to rep for Illinois
& Wisconsin ( TEAC/TASCAM) in an ad :  TEAC   "Made by Fanatics"

i was/am thinking about  adding the rx340 to the omni..., but i still don't
get a panoramic display
but if i could get most of the birdies gone... i wouldn't be looking to
change from the 6 receiver.
If there are no birdies in the 340 , why birds in the 6 ....hmmmm o yes
it's a cheaper unit !

how about a new product,  a shielding & bypass kit for the problem areas of
the 6+  ?

I've been a GOOD BOY, MY LAST DIATRIBE ABOUT tt WAS WHEN i GOT SHIPMENT OF
MY new TT omni V..... I SENT A 3 PAGE LETTER TO tt IN tn....

GOSH I WISH ... YES I KNOW WHEN TT ONLY BUILDS N PIECES, ALL THE
ENGINEERING COSTS ARE SPREAD ACROSS MANY FEWER UNITS ( N ); VERSUS  100 X
N  ,FOR YAESU & ICOM.... SO THE TT IS MORE PER PRODUCT THEN THE JAPANESE
PRODUCT...

HOWEVER THE JAPANESE WILL ALWAYS PAY FOR EXCELLENCE.... I REMEMBER THAT
THEY ALWAYS RECOGNIZED  THE PRODUCT EXCELLENCE OF THE JBL LOUDSPEAKER PRODUCT;

SO TT ...DO THE ENGINEERING ...CHARGE WHAT YOU GOTTA... THEY WILL COME.

   ( I HOPE I CAN FIGURE UPON  WHAT  TO SPEND  AT DAYTON)

NEVER GIVE UP DEMANDING EXCELLENCE....

BILL