[TenTec] I'm getting reports of RF in my Pegasus ssb audio.

pywacker@fuse.net pywacker@fuse.net
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:45:37 -0400

John
(1) Are you using the 302J tuning encoder?

(2) Is the tuner grounded?

(3) Is your ground daisy chained from one item to another or do you ground
each item directly to a central point and then out the shack to ground.

(4) How long is your ground. Is your shack located in the basement, ground
level or upstairs?

(5) How much power do you transmit?

(6) How close are your antenna from your shack and what type of antenna are
you using when you notice this problem?

(7) What band are you on when you get RFI?

Tell me a little about your setup concerning items in line and grounds along
with where items are plugged into your electrical outlets.

73 de KE4WY Jim

I'm getting reports of RF in my Pegasus ssb audio.
The condition seems to occur only when I have an
antenna tuner in line.  I tried a couple of other HF
rigs (a TS 830 and a TS 430) with the same tuner -
antenna combination and got clean reports from the
same operators. I think I have a good station ground.
I'm using the stock TT mike on the peg.  Any thoughts?
John, W9OW