[TenTec] Decisions - Sell TT Gear

Jim Reid kh7m@hsa-kauai.net
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 16:54:59 -1000

Ok,  some added responses:

1.  The Corsair II is all anolugue;  therefore,  easier to
work on then the Omni, should you be inclined to
tinkering on your rigs.

2.  The Corsair II seems to have a "smoother"  QSK
action than either of the other rigs.

3.  Someone has,  in fact,  put Inrad filters in a Corsair II;
did not seem to offer any "real" benefit over the TT standards
for the 6 mHz PBD board.

3.  The "old"  Omni V (with some available upgrade "chips"
is the best of all,  so sell all the TT stuff have now,  and find
a good Omni V.

I am now leaning ever more strongly toward selling all,  but
keeping the Omni VI+ with the present Inrad set up.

Will come up with some selling prices for the Corsair and
Tritons.  Will price the power supplies separately as these
rigs operate from 12-13 vdc,  so many folks will already have
available power and not need the TT power supplies.  I can
certainly sell them as separate items.  Have rcvd one request
for a price for the Corsair package of stuff.  I will be quite
reasonable;  after all,  this stuff is "old" and certainly not
state-of-the art,  hi.  However,  cosmetically these units are
super, in tip-top appearance.

Thanks again,  73,  Jim,  KH7M