[TenTec] Corsair I frequency drift

Sherrill WATKINS SEWATKINS@dgs.state.va.us
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:29:04 -0400

Carl:  My Corsair,  if left in storage for a long time, will drift slightly when first turned on for about 30-45 minutes.  I purchased it directly from Ten Tec about six or seven years ago as a factory reconditioned and checked-out unit.   After receipt, it was several months before I was able to apply power and put the unit on the air.  I think it may be endemic to the design.  Try leaving it on for a few hours each day for two or three days and see if the problem goes away.  For my Corsair, the more it is used, the more stable it becomes. The problem has never been accute enough to bother me as it is only temporary and self correcting.  -73's- Corn- k4own