[TenTec] Power supply overcurent

Gary Gaudette garygaud@vgernet.net
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 21:07:56 +0000

I disagree with the statement that a magnetic circuit breaker is not
required with the OMNI V or VI. Many times in the 10 years or so that I
owned an OMNI V I tripped the one in my 961 P/S. Never had a bit of
damage to the rig so it must have done it's job.

In the 3 years that I have owned an OMNI VI I tripped it a half dozen
times or so. Again no damage to the rig.

I have a friend that is using a big Astron supply with his OMNI VI who
has gone through four sets of finals. I have suggested that the purchase
of a breaker might be a good idea.

Oh, my problems were all caused by operating at full power into antenna
systems with SWR's of over 3:1, I'm lazy at times and usually reduce
power vice tuning the transmatch when it is needed!

73, Gary, W1GG