[TenTec] Backyard mast

w8au@sssnet.com w8au@sssnet.com
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 15:19:44 -0400

At 10:33 PM 08/17/2001 -0500, Joe Koppi wrote:
>the ARRL 40-foot mast.............

Joe:   Your tribute to the "enclosed A frame" is great...

 From seeing OT's installations in my teenage years, to
my own building and use of one as a mast to hold a
set of VHF beams a number of years back, I can testify
to the ruggedness, simplicity and beauty (yes !)  of
this design.   Painted a glossy white, it gives a look
of credibility to any antenna, and reminds one of
antenna installations at old days Coast Guard
stations....along with a white picket fence....

One or two of these will appear at this QTH in the near
future.     No doubt about it....

73,

Perry      w8au