[TenTec] Re: TXCO for Omni VI +

Duane A Calvin ac5aa@juno.com
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 15:42:16 -0600

Hmm, for some reason I thought the stock VI+ from the factory since day
one has a crystal oven for the master oscillator.  That's why they
recommend you leave +13.8V on the rig when the rig is turned off to keep
the oven heated.  I do this with my ~4 year old VI+ and it is very
stable.  I never notice any drift on power-up, and I run RTTY regularly
(no PSK-31 yet tho, where it would be more noticeable.)  If I turn the
power supply off and power the rig up cold, then I do notice some minimal
warm-up drift, but it stabilized fairly quickly.  Haven't bothered to
measure it because I don't do that unless I'm away on vacation.

        73, Duane

On Fri, 07 Dec 2001 11:18:08 -0400 Ed Hanna <ehanna@mitre.org> writes:
> Hi Guys:
>
> (This is Ed, W1UN in New Hampshire).
>
> I noticed your message traffic on the subject of a TXCO for the Omni
> VI
> +

 . . .  stuff deleted . . .

> I am curious as to what symptoms you all may have experienced.
>
> you can e mail me at this address at work,    or at my home:
> eddelores@juno.com
>
> 73   de:  W1UN

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas