[TenTec] New TT QRP Rig

J. Duffy Beischel duffyb01@fuse.net (nospam)
Fri, 07 Dec 2001 18:29:14 -0500

Did anyone notice that the TenTec website has just been updated with
information on the new QRP rig? Well I did. They gave it a name,
the 516, and has a variable power output up to 20 watts. Great
news. However, remember the rig was supposed to come out in
January. Now they say "Spring" whenever that is. This is my biggest
gripe about TT. They announce way before the stuff is available,
then never make the date when they say it will be available. What
difference does it make you ask? These pre-announcements whet your
appetite, then when they can't deliver, you go looking for something
else to satisfy that hunger for a new rig. That's what I did last
time. The 6N2 was announced and I wanted one now. I think it was
over a year and a half later before it came out. Got tired of
waiting and bought a competitive rig. I was ready to put the order
in for this new 516 and could not wait for the January timeframe to
come. Now, Spring...Spring when? Spring goes to the twenty
something of June. Another six months! Yikes!

Duffy - WB8NUT

J. Duffy Beischel - Amateur Radio WB8NUT

Member of: ARRL, NRA, Kiwanis, Republican Party, Masons, and Shriners
and the vast Right Wing conspiracy to get the Clintons

"If the government owned all the guns, would we still be a free people?"