[TenTec] RX-350??

Ben Kadish K8DIT benk8dit@serv.net
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 17:07:57 -0800

Hi Rick,  Having had the Joop just short of a week now, and having read the
info on the rx 320, I conclude that the 320 has no bank of recieve filters
like the peg/joop, but a basic list suitable for shortwave listening, and
none of the cw tuning refinements of the peg/joop. I therefore surmise that
the rx320, isnt in the same category, control wise, as the peg. So, it could
make a good sub reciever for the peg/joop, If you have a joop, a peg would
make a matching second reciever, a second joop would be unnecessay. The
rx350 would make a good second or sub reciever, but why
bother? The rx 320 would buy you most of what you need for a sub reciever,
with the limitation of having to use it only with a computer interface.
My own conclusions after having played with the joop for less than a week
are: I am getting excellant audio reports. I love changing the recieve
filters to match conditions on ssb and cw. It works good on AM on xmit and
recieve. The joop is fun to play with. Its face and interface take a bit of
getting used to, to feel like you are operating normally. I do have some
reservations, but I will express them more clearly when I have a bit more
experience with it.
de ben k8dit