[TenTec] FS: 3 Ten Tec Stations

Jim Reid jimr.reid@verizon.net
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 20:50:27 -1000

Aloha from the Islands,

Ok,  I have been bit;  it seems I must sell my three
present Ten Tec set-ups,  and move on to the
Pegasus/RX-340/N4PY software controlled
Ten Tec station,  hi.

I am offering,  I hope,  very attractive pricing for
some really wonderful outfits.

1.  A complete Triton Digital 544 station(s/n 00753) with
remote 242 VFO (for split operation) and the af/rf/af voice
TT speech processor,  the 234, and the matching TT mike,
the 215P.  Included is a nearly
new 962 power supply/speaker unit.  Manuals for each
unit,  included.  The 544 PTO was rebuilt at Ten Tec,
3 Nov. '99,  rig re-aligned, switches and pots cleaned,
total operation checked out;  invoice and TT signed
check out sheet included.  Priced separately,  total
cost would approach $750.  I will sell,  and ship via
air from Kauai for only $575.00.  Manuals for each item
included.

2.  A Corsair II, 561 station(s/n 04A10489), with matching
262 external VFO (for split operation ). The 561 PTO was
rebuilt by Ten Tec, invoice dated 25 August 2000,  and included
along with manuals for each of the units.  For this I
included the TT handheld 701 mike.  Priced separately,
these would sell for about $850, total. However,
I will sell for less,  and the 561 must  go to a new home
via the Ten Tec repair shop;  why?  The xmit section will
only output full power for several minutes,  then drops to
around 30 watts out!  Obviously some intermittent in
the final stage,  or a driver stage.  Can probably be
fixed via a board change out,  or some component replacement.
A light "slap" on the side of the 561 returns full power out,  but
it shortly drops back down again.

To be fair to the new owner,  and assure him of a good Corsair,
I will ship the VFO/mike directly to him,  with the 561 going
to Sevierville for repair,  for which I will pay, along with
instructions for TT to ship the unit on to the new owner.
So the price for all to a new owner is $650,  and I pay
all air shipping/repair costs. (You can buy a 561 direct from
TT for about $700,  but no external VFO or shipping
for that price).

3.  An Omni VI+ 544 rig (s/n 06A10288) plus a matching
962 power supply/external speaker unit.  Invoice cost of the
rig/PS (9/15/98), loaded with TT filters was for $3,300.   However,
only the #288, 1.8 kHz SSB filter remains in the 1.8 "button"
spot of  the 6 mHz filter board.  Every other filter slot now contain
INRAD filters as follows:

9 Mhz Filters:

1. The "standard,  usually not changed" TT 2.4 kHz filter
is replaced with an Inrad 2.8 kHz filter #754.  This improves
SSB audio quality and eliminates any possibility of a "thump"
at onset of CW elements.  This filter is NOT selectable from
the front panel,  is always in line,  and BOTH rcv and xmit
signals from the Omni pass through it, so the audio bandwidth,
quality is a bit improved over stock both rcv and xmit.

2. Button N-1
When I purchased the rig,  I had TT install the 500 Hz
CW filter, #217 in this slot.  However,  an Inrad 2.4 kHz
SSB 10 pole filter, #756 now at N-1.  I still have the
#217 TT filter,  and it goes along with this package.

3. Button N-2
Originally,  I had TT install their #221 250Hz CW filter
optimized for 500 Hz CW note tone in this slot.  But now,
N-2 contains an Inrad #753, 400 Hz CW filter.  Again,
the 221 is still here and also goes to the new owner.

6.3 mHz Filter Board

4. Again,  the "standard" non-panel selectable TT 2.4 kHz
filter at the front of the board is replaced with an Inrad
2.8 kHz 10-pole filter #755.  Allows for full 2.8 kHz SSB
fidelity when desired.

5. 1.8 Khz Button
Here,  the original Ten Tec 8-pole #288 filter remains.
This is for fighting QRM in a tight SSB situation (contests).

6. 500 Hz Button
Here originally was the TT #285 500 Hz CW filter.  It is
now replaced with the Inrad #700 400 Hz CW filter.  Of
course,  as with the others the original TT 285 also
goes to the new rig owner.

7. 250 Hz Button
Here I had TT install the #282 250 Hz CW filter.  Now the
slot contains the Inrad #751 250 Hz filter.

The Inrad filters all contain more poles(10) than the stock TT
filters(6 or 8),   thus noticeably better skirt signal rejection and
QRM battling ability.  My filter invoices from Inrad show the
price I paid for all of these filters exceeded $1000 plus the
shipping!!  All of the replaced TT filters are still here and will
go to the new owner.

So, all together I have spent about $4300 on this set up with
power supply and the new filters.  The new owner gets
everything all of both the installed Inrad and the available
Ten Tec filters replaced.  They can be used for experimenting,
or sold to others.

And,  the price to a new owner is,  shipping included: how
about 60% of my original cost,  or $2500 for all,  including
shipping to the US mainland.

All three stations sets of gear are blem free; front panels
are pristine,  they are flat out 10's!  There are NO rubs,
faded lettering,  etc.  Why,  very little use.

Any one interested?  I know this is the wrong time of year;
best to wait until April/May and tax refund season,  hi.
But,  will give it a try.

73,  Jim  KH7M