[TenTec] Experience with Inrad 2.1 vs 1.8 SSB filter

Tim and Nancy Logan cyr999@extremezone.com
Tue, 25 Dec 2001 09:24:23 -0700

Hi folks -

It is indeed the Holiday season, but of course I've snuck down to the
computer to pop out a quick question hi hi........then back up to
preparing for company, friendship, and good food. I suppose the HAM
addiction shows no bounds!

My Omni V runs all Inrads with two 2.4s. Just the other day I received
the 2.1 filter and I've swapped out the 1.8. I have mixed feelings about
this filter - mainly because it is so much closer to the 2.4 than the
1.8. I wonder if anyone out there has used the 2.1 for any extended
time? I can see it making sense if you have 2.8s and then drop down to
2.1....but I'm the type looking less for audio and more for "tightness".

Even tho in the end it is always a matter of personal taste,  I'm still
curious if anyone has any thoughts and or experiences to relate about
this particular filter slot. As usual with Inrad, I have 15 days to test
and play until I make up my mind.

Thanks you sharing your thoughts and health and happiness to all of you
on the coming year.

Regards,

Tim Logan KB7OEX