[TenTec] Ten Tec's new DSP firmware/software web link

Bill Meahan wmeahan@wa8tzg.org
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 18:06:04 -0500

On Mon, 31 Dec 2001 13:39:49 -0800 (PST)
Duane Grotophorst <n9dg@yahoo.com> wrote:

[snip]

>  Even better would be a new DLL or two that would make
> the task of writing custom user interfaces a simpler
> process.

The "HamLib" project for Linux does exactly that. A standard API in a
shared library with backend support for a large number of rigs. By using
the API, one user interface can control any of several different
manufacturers' rigs.

See:   http://hamlib.sourceforge.net

Testers for TenTec radios are wanted, details at the SourceForge page.
Since my Corsair II and Omni A aren't computer-controlled, I can't give
any assistance myself :-)

--
Bill Meahan  WA8TZG         wmeahan@wa8tzg.org
"Always do right. This will gratify some people