[TenTec] Admin: The list is back up!

Jim Lowman jmlowman@ix.netcom.com
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 19:40:46 -0800

For those of you who have missed your daily dose of the T-T list, it
appears that it is back in operation.

There were multiple hardware failures on the server and, in the process
of getting it working again, a decision was made to upgrade the software
as well.  It went down a week ago today.  This outage affected not only
the tentec mailing list, but other popular lists hosted by contesting.com
such as CQ-Contest and WriteLog.

If any of you sent messages to the list, undoubtedly they were bounced
back to you.  Thus, you might want to send them again.

Oddly, only about a dozen of you sent e-mail to me to ask what was
happening - and not until today.  Thanks for your patience!  I could
imagine getting 600 individual e-mails during the outage.

Since I have no way to contact all list members with a single message when
the list is unavailable, if something like this should happen in the
future, I would suggest going to:  www.contesting.com  to check on the
status.  The server owners have been great about posting updates there.

So, back to our normal activities!

73 de Jim - AD6CW