[TenTec] TT Red Dots

Peter G. Juliano jessystems@waypt.com
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 07:35:20 -0800

Hi Ten Tec Users,

I am restoring a recently acquired Triton IV model 544. The front panel is
in really excellent shape--no scratches or rubbed off lettering. BUT the red
dot in the Ten Tec Logo is almost gone. That is a real mystery to me as to
how the panel could be in such good shape but the dot has been affected.

Has anyone out there found a paint which can be applied to re-color the dot?
I have a matching remote VFO and its dot is disappearing into the sunset.
Must be a common problem. Not a big thing but would like to have the radio
appear as close to original as possible. Have not called TT --this is not
worth the LD charge.

Thanks in advance

Pete W6JFR