[TenTec] Omni VI Product Detector After Market Mod

David Hammond dhhdeh@concentric.net
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 15:50:48 -0500

Hi Everyone,

Shortly after buying my Omni VI in 1997 I acquired one of the last of the
product detector mod kits from G4PKT and G4HRY.

This mod is a small circuit board built around the SL6440C chip which acts
as improved product detector in the  Omni VI receiver and was intended to
correct in-passband mixing of multiple signals especially on CW.  This is a
small daughter board that mounts on the IF/AF board (81602) and bypasses the
factory product detector located on this same board.  This board has plenty
of blank space on which to mount this small daughter board.

Previous users have claimed better passband intermodulation performance with
this new product detector installed.

This installation requires some soldering and component mounting but looks
simple according to the accompanying instructions. Anyone with mod or kit
building experience should find this very easy to perform.  I estimate 2
hours start to finish maximum.

I have never found the time to perform the mod and now offer this kit to
someone else who likes to experiment.

Kit comes with instructions, cabling, the completely built daughter board
circuit  with the SL6044 chip and associated circuitry and mounting
hardware.

It cost me $65 when I purchased it from G4PKT.

I will sell it shipped CONUS for $50.00.

E-mail me with our questions or interest.

73 de N1LQ-Dave