[TenTec] Dead Omni VI+, Part III

K5XS@aol.com K5XS@aol.com
Tue, 02 Jan 2001 10:10:39 EST

Fellow Ten Tec'ites,
  I never cease to marvel at Ten Tec.  Called today regarding my problem.
Didn't expect to get through so soon (first day back after a long holiday
week).
  Talked right away to the service department.  They opined (as I think Clark
suggested) that diodes on the BPF and LPF boards had been zapped.  Parts are
on their way...at no charge (radio is four years old).  I wasn't looking at
my radio, so I couldn't tell which version I had of one of the boards.  Their
answer:  They are sending enough parts to cover whichever I happen to have.
Sheesh.
  These guys amaze me.  I thoroughly enjoyed the great "service" discussion
on www.eham.net.  Listening to the other stories about Yae-Ken-Com, I am so
pleased with Ten Tec.
  I'll keep you all posted.
73,