[TenTec] QUESTION "OMNI"

Clark Savage Turner csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 12:59:52 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, Curt wrote:

> Has anyone out there tried a side by side comparison of the Omni-VI Plus and
> the IC756PRO? Also since TenTec failes to mention an auto-antenna tuner in
> the Omni,  I take it it does not come with one?

Hi Curt -

No auto tuner for the OMNI VI Plus.  The explanation is that the OMNI VI
will go ahead and put power into a load with up to a 3:1 SWR, where the
Icom cuts its power back, therefore needs an auto tuner to allow power to
go to the load.  I prefer a tuner, but always use an external manual tuner
except when I am mobile, so I rarely miss an auto tuner.

Clark
WA3JPG