[TenTec] Keyer problem?

Tom Provost wa2yjf@earthlink.net
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 17:38:01 -0500

Hmmmmm...I heard this term used on the Ten tec net,my omni 6 plus is almost
brand new (early Dec.)and the keyer changes speeds in mid word at times.
Someone thought that this was covered in length in the Ten Tec
reflector....I looked and found 2 notes,one saying that they heard about a
fix to the speed problem,the second noted that a cap.was added to one of the
data lines to bypass some rf getting by. My question is: Is my keyer
changing speeds mid word the "speed problem"and does anyone know the details
of what and where I need to add this bypass cap.?

    Sitting here readind this I remembered that those notes came from about
a year ago....How come Ten Tec didn't fix this on newer models since then???

                                       Thanks for reading,
                                                Tom  WA2YJF