[TenTec] Various swr readings....

Michael Melland badger@vbe.com
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 22:08:23 -0600

Interesting..... I generally run my Omni V with the meter selector in the
REF position.  I was told long ago by Paul Clinton to always fine tune for
lowest swr with the meter on the rig regardless of what the meter in the
line reads (I had a horribly inaccurate in line meter at the time).  I
recently bought an Autek WM-1 computing meter that appears to work pretty
well and read fairly acccurately.

Tonight while fooling around after repairing my antenna I noticed that if I
tune until the swr reads 1 on the Autek it reads higher on the Omni.  I
checked the meter on my 238 and if I tune the swr to 1 on the 238 and one on
the Omni the Autek reads about 1.2:1......

Just goes to show that no two meters read the same <grin>..... I'd think the
Autek would be more accurate but  I wonder... and yes I know I'm splitting
hairs <grin>.

Mike

Michael Melland, W9WIS
Winneconne, Wisconsin, USA