[TenTec] Lineage of Ten-Tec

Howard Smith howard.smith@mixcom.com
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 22:49:28 -0600

Hi All,
As a new Novice in the early 60's, my first Ham receiver was the RME
4300.  The receiver was build by the RME Division of Electro-Voice, Inc. of
Buchanan, MI.  I wonder if Al Kahn was involved directly with RME?  As I
remember, there was the RME6900, another HAM receiver that appeared around
1962, but then RME seemed to disappear.  Could that disappearance have been
the formation of Ten-Tec?

On one of the early versions of the Ten-Tec Web page, there were several
paragraphs that described a little bit of the Ten-Tec history, including
the Knute Rockne story.  Unfortunately, this did not remain on the web site
very long.

J. Howard Smith, WA9AXQ
howard.smith@mixcom.com