[TenTec] RF Feedback

Simmons, Reid W reid.w.simmons@intel.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:34:39 -0800

Does anyone know the details of this "ground mod" to older OMNI 6s?  I have
had mine since August of 1992 (second production run, I think) and I would
like to verify whether it has this mod or not.

Thanks.

Reid, K7YX

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry N1EU [mailto:n1eu@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 5:15 AM
To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF Feedback

Then after six months of beating my head against the wall, I finally spoke
with a different person at the factory, who recognized it quickly.  Earlier
Omni 6's need an update that I believe separates the grounds in a couple of
circuits.  I don't profess to know much more than that.  But I sent the rig
to the factory and it came back with no trace of the formerly severe
problems.

Don't know if this help.

GL/73,
Barry  N1EU