[TenTec] Re: open wire line

George, W5YR w5yr@att.net
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 19:05:55 -0600

Corn was quoting the title of one of W2DU's classic series of articles
in the 70's in QST.

Walt, W2DU, did not mean "kill" literally, of course. He was referring
to the gyrations that some folks - especially in those less-informed
days before he published the series - would go through trying to get
that "perfect match." A lot of guys back then acted like it was a matter
of life or death.

Fortunately, we know better these days . . . don't we?

72/73, George   W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas      NETXQRP 6
Fairview, TX   30 mi NE Dallas in Collin county	     QRP-L 1373
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 55th year and it just keeps getting better!
Icom IC-756 PRO #02121 (9/00) Kachina #91900556 (12/99) IC-765 (6/90)