[TenTec] "A low vswr will kill you ! "

Sherrill WATKINS SEWATKINS@dgs.state.va.us
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:34:54 -0500

Dr. Johnson:  I find your comments very interesting.  However your second paragraph seems to conflict with the principles of conjugate impedance matching as described  by Mr. Walter Maxwell in the QST articles?  Mr. Maxwell explained that it is not important that the actual antenna itself is resonant as long as the system is resonate.  So as not to confuse anyone further, we are talking about two different "Maxwells"; i.e. Mr. Walter Maxwell, W2DU who wrote the articles "Another Look at Reflections" that appeared in QST and Mr. James Clerk Maxwell who lived in the 19th century in Scotland, who was a Presbyterian Minister and developed the mathematical theories of radiation or something to that effect. - 73's- Corn - k4own.