[TenTec] "A low vswr will kill you ! "

Paul Christensen paulc@mediaone.net
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:26:20 -0500

> I was referring to the mathematician, James Clerk Maxwell, not to "Look
> at Reflections" Maxwell.
>
> Conjugate matching is not always as Walt writes.

For our purposes and understanding it is.  Despite the fact that Walt made a
noted (albeit inconspicuously) in his orginal book that the conjugate
matching theorem doesn't strictly apply to tube-based output amplifiers.
One ex-Collins engineer picked up on the "apparent" discrepancy and talked
the editor's of QST into writing an article on the subject matter.  Nice
article, but it wasn't necessary to refute Walt's work, since there was no
material issue to reconcile.

-Paul, W9AC