[TenTec] Model 242 remote VFO

Paul R. Valko prvalko@oakland.edu
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 16:23:29 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Peter G. Juliano wrote:

> I recently bought a Model 242 remote VFO off of ebay--yeah I know about all
> of the problems with buying stuff from the auctions. Well it looks like this
> one might actually be OK. BUT, here is the question--some one went into the
> cable harness...

gotta love eBay!

> <yada yada deleted>

> anybody out there have any folklore about power problems
> with the Triton IV supplying juice to the Model 242. Someone went to a lot
> of trouble to make this mod--so there had to be a reason.

There'e no folklore about voltage problems.  Sounds more like the previous
owner was using it with a different transmitter - perhaps a tube rig
(didn't Drakes use that type of connector too?) - and needed to supply the
12vdc for the VFO externally.

Put it back together and enjoy it... if it works.  eBay, ya' know?

73! =paul= W8KC
Collector of Ten*Tecs and other fine plastics.
  Visit the Virtual Ten*Tec Museum at:
  <http://www.acs.oakland.edu/~prvalko>