[TenTec] Power Amps, Conuugate, Bruene and Maxwell

Jim FitzSimons cherry@neta.com
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:22:54 -0700

Jim, when the amplifier moves from A, to AB, to B,
to C, to D, to E all the rules change.
With high powered FETs much different things are
possible. AM MW transmitters are now digital.
Their design is more like a switching power supply
than a RF amplifier. I use a RF power supply running
at 13.560 MHz. It has four MRF150 FETs and a narrow band
pass filter on the output to filter out the switching
noise. The filter has three stages. It is not a simple
matching network.
Regards, Jim FitzSimons W7ANF