[TenTec] Heil Headset and OMNI 6+

DK2GZ@aol.com DK2GZ@aol.com
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 06:02:04 EST

Hello

I using a Heil headset with the omni 6+.

First: need very high mike-gain and processor-level
       for moderate output

Second: some people told me that there is a "brrrrr"
        sound in the background on my audio
        The sound is stronger when my amp is on.
        Checked it yesterday with a second receiver,
        it is not a 50 Hz sound.
        Then i configured a coax-connection from the
        relay-key port on the Omni to the amp relay
        Still the same sound. Donīt think there is a
        rf-feedback!
        When I push the external PTT-button on the
        omni and the mike is not pluged in, there
        is no "BRRR" sound with and without the amp
        on. Same with mike-gain closed.
        I thought also it could be the fan of the amp,
        but when i close my hands over the mike, still
        the same "BRRRR" sound.
        I using a samplex switching power supply.

Any help ?

73 de Harry, DK2GZ@aol.com