[TenTec] Antenna Tuners for Balanced Antennas

George, W5YR w5yr@att.net
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:04:34 -0600

I would love to see the impedance matching range for that tuner as
plotted on a Smith Chart. I don't think that I could spend that kind of
money for an impedance-matching device without knowing what impedances
it could match and at what power levels for each band.

Wonder why tuner makers don't provide this level of documentation, even
after you buy the box?? There are computer programs that will calculate
all this given the L and C values of the circuit.

72/73, George   W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas      NETXQRP 6
Fairview, TX   30 mi NE Dallas in Collin county	     QRP-L 1373
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 55th year and it just keeps getting better!
Icom IC-756 PRO #02121 (9/00) Kachina #91900556 (12/99) IC-765 (6/90)