[TenTec] Microphones

Ken & Linda Burrough w8keb@1st.net
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 19:40:33 -0500

Hi All

Jerry wrote----I'd like to know what microphones Pegasus & Jupiter users are
finding
the best?  How about speech processors?  234? I've seen very few
comments on the Jupiter and Pegasus.

Well Jerry when I had my Jupiter and now with my new Pegasus the microphone
that got the best reports is the Shure 444.  This is a very old triple 4, I
have had it 20 years and got it a an swapfest in California.  I have used
three different microphones with the Jupiter/Pegasus, the TT 705, Shure 444
and my old Electro Voice 638.  Two different people that are hams and know
my voice chose the Shure 444 first, second was the TT 705 and last was the
Electro Voice 638.  My choice has always been the Shure 444 for its audio
and its size and ease of use.

I do not believe an speech processor is needed with the Jupiter/Pegasus, at
least not in my case.  I remember in the late 70's when speech processors
came into use and most,  if not all that used them sounded like they needed
a larger size of  shorts.

Jerry also wrote----Only 19 members of the Pegasus
group??

Jerry, what Pegasus group???

Anyway my choice is the Shure 444 and NO SPEECH PROCESSOR.

W8KEB--KENNETH E. BURROUGH
FLUSHING, OHIO
USAF RETIRED
EX--KA2HJY--N6EVC--KCOWN--NE0C