[TenTec] Interference on Pegasus

Mark Erbaugh mark@microenh.com
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 22:17:53 -0500

Tonight, during the TenTec user's net on 14.267, I noticed some strong
intermitent crackling interference while listening on my Pegasus. This was
accompanied with a strong (20+ over 9) S-meter indication.

Upon investigation, this interference coincided exactly with some
transmissions from WA5VVT who was net control of the Collins net on 14.263.
It didn't happen every time he transmitted, but when it did happen, it
corresponded exactly with his syllables. I was listening to 14.263 on
another receiver.

According to qrz.com, that station is in AR, and I am in Ohio, so it's not a
case of a strong local neighbor. I did not seem to notice the interference
when others were transmitting on 14.263.

While WA5VVT's signal did sound clipped, I did not notice the same degree of
interference when listening to 14.267 with my Kenwood TS940. Narrowing the
filter on the Pegasus didn't seem to help.

Does this indicate a problem with my Pegasus? Did any of the other Pegasi on
the net experience the same interference?

73,
Mark, N8ME