[TenTec] Omni VI+ and Alpha 99 or 91B

Chuck Brudtkuhl wa0roi@arrl.net
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 07:37:44 -0600

I am running the Alpha 99 with the Omni-VI+ ... a mere "plug
and play" operation.  I've used both the "standard" QSK
hookup and the "standard" non-QSK hookup ... and can't say
that I've noticed any difference!  The "keying relay" in my
VI+ is FAST (vs. the very s-l-o-w one in the Omni V) and the
amp does not "require" true QSK stepping.

For that matter, if I recall, Alpha states that from the
amp's perspective, the QSK stepping is not required ... and
that is how I ran mine for quite some time until I finally
got around to building the "QSK" cable (so I could use it in
QSK with the Omni-V).

73 de Chuck
wa0roi